There are multiple application types available on Fallout: MUSH. When you have submitted your application you should let us know in the background request what type of character you are submitting for.
It is recommended that you submit a concept request for any Veteran or Advanced characters before entering CG, and it is 100% required for Advanced Characters.
- Vault 99 Character: Vault 99 Characters represent the intended 'starting' experience for most players of the game. Vault 99 is intended to provide you with role-play opportunities, a basis for being in the world, and also a way of providing goals for your character while you learn the game. Vault 99 Characters will be the preferred starting experience for most people in Season 3. Vault 99 characters gain many starting advantages and opportunities that other potential character concepts would not. (Coming sometime in 2018) Vault 99 Characters require minimal background.
- Standard Character: Standard Characters represent any character concept within reason, but they all begin at level 1. When Vault 99 is opened, new players can opt to apply for a Standard Character by going through the regular chargen. Until the opening of Vault 99 & New York, all characters start on the El Dorado grid which is the original game grid, and serves as our return-point at the end of every campaign. Standard Characters require minimal background.
- Veteran Character: Veteran Characters represent characters who have been through some 'stuff', to put it lightly. They tend to represent characters who are at least above 30 years of age, and have some experience. They start at level 4 and require a detailed background that shows knowledge of the games theme and storyline with a clear idea of what you hope to create. Anyone may apply for a Veteran Character after playing for a minimum of 14 days (2 weeks). You may also upgrade a standard character to a Veteran character within the first month if you wish to write an expanded and detailed concept/application. Veteran Characters require a detailed background.
- Advanced Character: Advanced Characters represent either far more experienced than usual characters, or even something out of the ordinary. Advanced Characters may begin up to Level 6 based on the character type, and what needs it fills, and provides on game. You may only apply for an Advanced Character after you have played for 30 days (1 month) and accumulated a total of 20 votes. Advanced Characters require a detailed background, and require you to be an example to others.
If you wish to apply for a Veteran or Advanced Character, you should put in a request with the subject either Veteran or Advanced Character and include the character concept you have in mind, and be as clear as possible with what you feel the character offers to the grid, and why you want to play it.
We allow Alternate Characters on Fallout: El Dorado but we have some requirements!
- You must have received a minimum of 10 Votes from other players before you are eligible to create an alternate character. This means you must role-play with 10 others before you can create an alt. This applies to your most recently made character, so you cannot make a new alt until you earn 10 votes on the prior character.
- You must be sure to bind your alternate character to your Account, if you have not created an account, you must do this before making an alternate character. You are not required to set your email if you are not comfortable doing this.
- Your alternate character may NOT interact with your other characters without permission. If in a GMed scene, this permission comes from the GM or Staff Member in Charge and should only be done with good reason. If in a social scene, it is up to everyone there.
- Your characters cannot help or benefit from your other characters in any way. If you feel like it might be cheating, it probably is! Don't do it!
- Alternate Characters should not be created just to run Scavenge and Investigation more. If we notice this happening, we reserve the right to limit further request fulfillment from players who are not actively playing alts and are just running code on them.
Currently there are no restricted concepts, unless you count all non-humans. Yes we're very xenophobic! PURGE THE HERETIC! SLAY THE XENOS! lol
On a serious note, I will entertain very good concepts for ghouls possibly!
If you wish to play a younger character, we are not fully opposed but there are some requirements, restrictions and limitations.
You must have played actively on the game for 30 days or more. No exceptions. Activity is up to the discretion of staff but generally means you are earning votes on a regular basis and logging in. Making a character and then logging back in 30 days later will not count.
Your primary RP should be centered on a settlement, like El Dorado. You will be required to be part of a player family, this means you are someone's child or relative and they have some kind of guardianship over you. We will not allow wunderkins, Child PCs start with a negative XP Pool they must earn their way out of. You will be restricted from participating in scenes that are not within the City of El Dorado or your chosen settlement. If your Guardian runs a Scene not in the City, they can opt to take you if they wish. Absolutely no sexual activity, no exceptions, no explanations; we find out, you lose the PC. No skills over 3 in CG, if you raise any over 3 you will lose the excess skill points when we lower it down. You should also NOT spend your bonus XP you get in Room 4 of CG.
Your PC may be from 13-17. With 3:1 time, that means you will be aging up once every 4 RL months. When your PC is 16 or older, they are free to join the Militia or Sheriff's Department or any other faction. When your PC is 18 or older, you will lose your Child Archetype and be given a proper Archetype, as well as brought out of negative XP.
This means that playing a child/teenager PC is about the role-play. It's not about becoming a munchkin or gaining power or prestige. You will largely remain static in progression until Adulthood.
Please put in a request with your concept if you meet the requirements so we can begin the process.
===== Navigation =====